Friday, August 15, 2008

Crime Rant

Thug Life
Photobucket
(lol, this is the "drug stop" in front of my house, read more, it'll explain itself)

So I haven't written a blog all week, I guess cuz nothing too exciting has happened for me to write about. I've just been in school doin the usual; work, slack, eat, slack, work, go home.

The most interesting thing that I've heard about all week is two of my friends and two other people I know got robbed at gunpoint last night right near my neighborhood (probably no less than 2 minutes away driving). I talked to my friend John about what happened and I think it was 3 people that robbed them. The funny thing is they took his broken cell phone, an empty wallet, and a purple lighter and then got caught 30 minutes later by the police. I know it's not a funny situation but knowing my friends are okay and what happened to the guys afterwards I find hilarious.

I noticed my area is getting worse and worse with crime and sometimes I really just want to leave and live somewhere else. Then again crime is everywhere and I can't escape it entirely, unless I live on an island by myself. Which might actually be nice. I'll only invite cool people who won't rob or kill me to stay on the island. Anyways, since crime is rising the police are out a lot more too, dang no more speeding for me...even though I do it anyways haha. About a week ago when the power went out, the police were patrolling the area. I know that's a good idea and all but they've never done that before and that just kinda shows me how "safe" my area is.

Once I was at the 7-11 down the street and while I was their 3 dudes just grabbed a bunch of stuff and ran out. Then an off duty cop who was with his family at the time ran after them and caught them, lol. Idiots.

About a month ago my friend Derrick was attacked by some random guy who didn't even take anything. Just ran up behind him and knocked him out for no reason. I think they found the guy and he's getting charged with assault and has to pay like $3000 in medical bills.

My brothers car has been broken into twice right in our drive way. My car was shot up for no reason with a pellet gun and it cost like $2000 dollars to get the front and side windows fixed. The police couldn't do anything about it except file a report.

Alot of other random crimes have happened too recently, like arsons, a few murders, a lot of robberies, car jackings, house breakins, vandalism, and some hate crimes.

Atleast its good to know the police are actually out their and trying to do something about it. I've heard about some cops who just let alot of stuff slide but the police here are kinda strict soemtimes. Which is a good thing, maybe crime rates will start to fall soon.

Would I recommend  you to live in my area? ....nah not really. There's plenty of better places to live in with not as much crime and shiz.

Other than that, I'll continue to enjoy life and not live in fear.
Cuz I ain't never scurred! :)

8 Comments:

Blogger liagiba. said...

Your neighborhood is the kind of place I'd like to live...NOT.

WTHECKKK! I would not be happy with how it is at your place right now. I'd probably be robbed too if it were to happen to me. That's too dangerous. At least the police is around to help lower crime rates.

Ugh, I wish LA would do the same. Glad to hear that you're alright.

August 15, 2008 at 1:27 AM  
Blogger omarachli said...

wooow. first: I LMAO at those useless thieves that stole nothing and got caught
second: stop being so gagnster chris. stay inside safe!
peace out

Oliver

August 15, 2008 at 1:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you know forty-three percent of people who are shown on "COPS" are pantsless? And that's out of a seventy-some percent who appear shirtless. LOL.

Would I be invited to your island? :D

August 15, 2008 at 1:57 AM  
Blogger mop said...

haha...my city is a goody goody looking city, except everything is under-the-table stuff, business related, and not a lot of visual or obvious crimes. Very Asian. Haha

August 15, 2008 at 2:22 AM  
Blogger Jason said...

Come to australia chris,

NO GUNS!

and AUSTRALIA CAN BE YOUR MAGICAL ISLAND!

August 15, 2008 at 2:38 AM  
Blogger Garbo said...

All this talk about crime is so scary.

I mean, I'm NOT saying that the UK is any better because there is crime EVERYWHERE but I just don't hear of it much where I live and I really take it for granted.

That is RIDICULOUS!
An empty wallet, broken cell phone and a lighter?!

SHEESH!

August 16, 2008 at 5:48 PM  
Blogger Ralphie Cellmate89 said...

dang bro... your neighborhood is dane-jeer-us...

i'd so be in your island... right?

August 17, 2008 at 12:36 AM  
Blogger diemwitt said...

HIII MURDOC!
i miss youu :]
add me on here <3

August 18, 2008 at 1:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home