Saturday, September 20, 2008

what? What?? WHAT!? Oh sorry, Im half deaf right now.

Greet Death - Explosions in the Sky 
Something calm on my ears...erm...Ear.


So everyone around me has been getting sick latley with either a cold or the flu. I've been trying my best to avoid these people so I don't end up getting sick on the last few days of school before my break.

But low and behold I end up not getting the flu or a cold, but a freaking Ear Infection!! WTF!!!

Omg, its the worst thing ever, I think I'd rather have a cold than this. Its been a loooong time since I had an ear infection and I don't know how I went through this as a kid.

This is basically how the last 3 days have been:

Thursday: Hey, my ear kinda hurts a little. But not really..eh it'll go away.

Friday: Holy hell!! I can't hear out my left ear! Am I going deaf?? wtf! I think I need to go see a doctor about this. [So I did]

Saturday: Omg, someone please for the love of god kill me now!

Yep. Thats pretty much exactly how its been. Today I woke up at 5am clenching the side of my head because my ear hurt so much. It was like someone was just jabbing a spike in my ear. Its not the kind of pain that comes and then goes away for a little bit and then comes back. No. Its much worse. Its constant for hours and hours and freaking hours!

I got this ear drop stuff from the doctor and I don't know what its supposed to do because I don't really feel any imporvement. I guess I just need to give it a little more time. Doctor said I should be fine by Monday. I feel like I'll never be okay! My ear is going to fall off and then my brain will slide out and I'll slowly die a painful death.

Okay, maybe Im exaggerating a little. But not about the pain. Holy ef it sucks! Right now it doesn't hurt that much becuase I took some pain relievers. I still can't hear that well. Some people are talking behind me right now and its all muffled. I hear this constant ringing in my ear too that won't stop, its really weird. Its kinda funny though that every time somone trys to talk to me I never hear them the first time, so I've been asking everyone to repeat what they said like 2 or 3 times. Lol, I wonder how many people I've annoyed because of this.

Luckily I have a right ear thats still doing fine so I can still listen to music. Just nothing heavy metal or loud because it hurts to listen to that stuff right now. Clazziquai, ColdPlay, Explosions in the Sky, Jack Johnson, and SmileyKai are basically all I've been listening to the last couple days. 

Today, even though its only 9am, I presented my final speech that I didn't have the chance to do last quarter because of someting stupid. So I basically failed Public Speaking but all I had to do this quarter instead of taking the entire class over was to just present my final speech in front of any class and get a grade change. I think I did pretty well, well enough that my grade change will give me a passing grade. I said "um" and "uh" quite a few times which isn't a good thing when making a speech. I was a little nervous too so I was kinda sweating, yep thats what I do when I get nervous in front of large crowds. Not the greatest reaction...kinda gross. But I'm just glad that class is over and done with for the rest of my college life.

I was going to go up to College Park (a friends College) and hang out their since I haven't seen him and some other friends in a while but my stupid ear wants me to stay home and suffer.

Now i'm stuck here at school because I need to finish a project thats due Monday and today since Im here I might as well get it done. 

And the day has just started...again...damnit.

8 Comments:

Blogger Jason said...

dude staying at school? Nerd!! Look at my skills on this itouch haahaha

September 20, 2008 at 9:52 AM  
Blogger omarachli said...

dang that sucks, i had 2 or 3 ear infections in the past years and I know this things is reallllyyyyy shitty. My first ear infection was the worse (i got them because of pools blah)

September 20, 2008 at 10:21 AM  
Blogger liagiba. said...

I hope your ear feels better. I don't remember how it was like to have an ear infection, but by the looks of it, it must have been painful.

EWW public speaking D: I would bomb at that though with the UMs and the UHs. HAHA

Feel better Murdy turtle! :D

September 20, 2008 at 1:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've never had an ear infection myself, but my little brother once went through like six ear infections within a year and a half's time when he was really young. Eventually he needed tubes to be put into his ears. He got them because his ears produce too much ear wax, and so the tubes helped drain it out and keep it from getting infected, ech.

I hope you're feeling better! I was one of the unfortunates to have contracted a horrible head cold, ugh. :[

September 20, 2008 at 4:03 PM  
Blogger agmon said...

the best thing for Ear infection or swimmers ear is the eardoc. it is non invasive, it treats the problem and not the symptoms and it is natural and proven to work.
www.eardoc.info

September 21, 2008 at 4:17 AM  
Blogger diemwitt said...

omggg. that really sucks murdoc! i hope your ear gets better :[
i had an ear infection once but it was from the pool and it sucked ASS. i remember i couldnt sleep at night because my head felt like it was on fire but after i got ear drops it helped a whole bunch. i think theres somthing wrong with my ear RIGHT now, my friend snapped some loud thingy in it and im like currently deaf in that ear. WAHH. miss ya murdoc :]

September 21, 2008 at 9:03 AM  
Blogger mop said...

wow, we;; have fun with that x] I never had an ear infection, but my sister kinda did. Like one time, she woke up, but she couldn't even hear herself talk. After a while, it got a little better, but it's a bit muffled. Turns out that she did have a type of infection, but it goes away after like a day.

September 21, 2008 at 12:27 PM  
Blogger meidayy said...

FEEL BETTER <3

I'm going to cuss just this once, so enjoy.

Ear infections are a b*tch. I've been through them too.

Excuse my language :)

September 21, 2008 at 4:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home